Monday, July 18, 2005

The Great Outdoors at Fundy

I just spent a lovely weekend at Fundy National Park in southern New Brunswick. Normally this area is cooler due to its proximity to the Bay of Fundy. The Bay is known for its high tides (40 feet in some places) and its cold water (varies 3-4 degress F from summer to winter). usually keeps this Canadian national park cool. However, this weekend's weather was downright hot for this part of the country with temps in the high 20's Centigrade.

I played a round of golf on the lovely 9 hole course. It's a shame the beauty of the scenery was ruined by such a miserable round of golf. It was probably the worst game I've played in three years. It's obvious I need lots of practice. I blame it all on the lack of practice and playing only several times a year. Someday when I retire it will be my mission to break 90!


I have a tent trailer and was camping in the Park. The facilities are good, the other campers respectful and we slept very well. Fundy is blessed with many hiking trails of varied difficulty so there's something for all ages and skills. I highly recommend this Park to anyone who enjoys rugged, unspolied scenery.

No comments: