Sunday, July 31, 2005

Naked viewing

It's a lovely sunny Sunday morning here in eastern Canada. This is the middle of our rather short summer. I find I'm at odds with myself when the temps hit the 30s C (mid-80s F). I know I shouldn't complain about the heat since we get so little of it but I sometimes do. Crazy isn't it.

Have you ever gone to an art gallery in the nude? I was just reading about a new exhibit at Leopold Museum in Vienna called the "Naked Truth", an exhibit of early 1900s erotic art. So they've encouraged art-lovers to strip off, letting naked or scantily-clad visitors in for free. Interesting idea, dress according to the exhibit. This should give the usual museum crowd lots to talk about over the next few weeks.

I'm sorry but I just can't see strutting my stuff in a city museum. Undoubtedly this novel idea will draw people out just to see other people do this. Oh yes we're all voyeurs at heart!

No comments: