Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Why do....


You just never know what's going to cross your web browser.

And why do men have nipples?

While only females have mammary glands, we all start out in a similar way in the embryo, the authors explain. The embryo follows a female template until about six weeks, when the male sex chromosome kicks in.

Men, however, have already developed nipples.

That from New York physician Billy Goldberg whose book "Why Do Men Have Nipples?" just hit the stores today. The book, subtitled, "Hundreds of Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Martini," (Three Rivers Press), is co-authored by humorist Mark Leyner.

This is sure to be a hit for the Jeopardy crowd and the cocktail circuit. Among other things it deals with such burning questions as chattering teeth, gas from beans and

•How do people in wheelchairs have sex?

•Why do I get a killer headache when I suck down my milkshake too fast?

•Can I lose my contact lens inside my head forever?

•Why does asparagus make my pee smell?

•Why do old people grow hair on their ears?

•Is the old adage “beer before liquor, never sicker, liquor before beer . . .” really true?

What a read!!!

No comments: